Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Seafood Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Could save you Cash.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area get started on as any. Do this for your house, not just the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you should use them in place of incandescent lights. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. Together with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in some other rooms, not merely the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and see exactly how much electricity you can save.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, of course. It’s related to being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to seafood chowder recipe. To make seafood chowder you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Seafood Chowder:
- Provide 8 bacon slices
- Take 8 green onions minced - reserve green part and set aside
- Get 2 Tbs thyme
- Use 2 whole garlic's minced
- Take 4 Tbs flour
- Prepare 5 cups milk (I used nonfat)
- You need 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Provide 2 bay leaves
- Provide 2 lbs raw shrimp in shell
- Get 4 lobster tails
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper
- Take 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I used 2 tsp because I like it spicy)
- Get 24 oz frozen corn
- Prepare 2 cans crab meat (I used Blue Star)
Instructions to make Seafood Chowder:
- In a stock pot, cook bacon. Remove bacon when finished and set aside.
- Sauteed green onion, thyme and garlic in bacon reserves for about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, milk chicken stock and bay leaves. Continue stirring for about 1 minute.
- On medium low heat, add shrimp and lobster tails. Cook for about 15 minutes or until shrimp is done. Try not to overcook the seafood.
- Remove shrimp and lobster tails when cooked and turn stovetop to low.
- Remove shrimp and lobster from shells. Chop lobster into pieces then add both back to pot.
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, crab meat and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium low then add bacon bits and the green part of onions.
- You can adjust the seasonings to your taste and add more flour for thickness.
If you find this Seafood Chowder recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.